Help shape financial futures. Certified Financial Planners know the ins and outs of investing, saving, and money management. You’ll learn to guide clients through some of the biggest moments of their lives and be a resource for them when times are tough.
This certificate program includes the 7-course sequence below. Each course is 8 weeks, fully online. This program will take approximately 1-year.
Courses will be purchased separately and may be taken in any order with the only exception being CFP 307 as the final course.
- CFP 301 - General Principles of Financial Planning
- CFP 302 - Risk Management and Insurance Planning
- CFP 303 - Investment Planning
- CFP 304 - Tax Planning
- CFP 305 - Retirement Savings and Income Planning
- CFP 306 - Estate Planning
- CFP 307 - Financial Plan Development (Requires completion of all previous courses
In order to become a Certified Financial Planner, students must complete four key requirements:
- Complete a bachelor’s degree
- Complete a seven-course sequence from a CFP Board Registered Program (included in this certificate program)
- Complete a 170 Question, 6-Hour Multiple-Choice exam offered in March, July and November (completed through cfp.net)
- Complete 6,000 hours of professional experience relating to financial planning, or complete 4,000 hours of an apprenticeship. This experience must be completed within five years of sitting for the exam - see details here
- Complete the ethics declaration forms and pass a background check
Anderson University (SC) is an approved provider of the Certified Financial Planning Board